Shanghai’s eighth annual Pride festival will be kicking off in a little over two weeks. This year it takes the the theme I Am Me.
The theme is an “affirmation that everyone should hold, regardless of gender, sexuality or other forms of identity,” according to ShanghaiPRIDE Director Raymond Phang.
“Having witnessed dynamic movements over the past year, this year’s ShanghaiPRIDE hopes to revisit the fundamentals of being who we are and staying true to ourselves.”
Events this year include:
- An Opening Party on June 18 (sponsored by Rainbow Rabbit)
- PFLAG China’s annual conference will bring together 500 LGBTQ individuals and their families to celebrate familial support and acceptance on June 25
- Ladies Party on June 23
- The third annual Asia LGBT Milestone Awards & Business Diversity Forum (ALMA) on June 26
- The queer film component of ShanghaiPRIDE is back for its second year on June 17-26, with a focus on gender. It culminates in a Queer Film Conference Day on June 25 where both aspiring and established filmmakers can meet industry professionals,
- Pride Run and Pink BBQ are back on June 18 with Nike sponsoring the Pride Run ending at The Langham, Shanghai, Xintiandi for a BBQ.
- ShanghaiPRIDE Art & Photo Exhibition (open June 17 through July 3), highlighting the work of queer artists and a Queer Talks Panel Discussion on June 19
- A queer Trivia Night on June 22
- Closing Party on June 25 (sponsored by IMTOY).