Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade on Mar 5
The parade start area will occupy sections of Elizabeth and Liverpool streets from 3pm. Street entertainment begins along the parade route, until 7.30pm. The parade will start at the corner of Liverpool and Elizabeth streets at approximately 7.45pm. It will travel up the northern side of Liverpool, turning onto the northern side of Oxford Street, then right onto Flinders Street. The parade will end at the corner of Flinders St and Moore Park Road. There is no public viewing of the parade along Moore Park Road or Driver Avenue this year. The Bobby Goldsmith Foundation will occupy a large section of Flinders Street: you will need to be north of Albion, on the east or west side of Flinders, to view the parade. Portable toilets will be located at Hyde Park, Flinders Street and Taylor Street.
- Coming from the east: use Greens Road and Oxford Street to view the parade at Taylor Square and the northern part of Flinders Street.
- Coming from the south, west or from Central Station: walk up Fitzroy and Hutchinson streets to view the parade along Flinders and Short streets.
The organisers offer the following tips to make your evening safe and all the more memorable:
- Catch public transport
- Find your viewing spot early
- Do not bring milk crates
- Do not bring glass bottles
- Wear sensible shoes
- Drink plenty of water (will be available for sale along the Parade route)
- Head to the end of the Parade route for best viewing
- Stay clear of Elizabeth Street
Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras Party on Mar 5
Ex-Savage Garden superstar, Darren Hayes, Tina Arena and one of Britain's top female singing exports Nicki French would be performing at this year's Party to be held on Saturday, Mar 5 at the Royal Hall of Industries, Hordern Pavilion, Dome, Stage 11 and surrounds at Moore Park.
Dutch DJ, 4 Strings is set to play a ten-hour set in the Hordern where four times as many lasers as have ever been assembled in it before will treat punters to a spectacular visual display.
To make sure your night is one to remember, organisers have issued the following tips:
- At the turnstiles, be sure to have your tickets ready for fast entry. Bag searches will operate. Prohibited items will include weapons, fireworks, glass, illegal substances, food and beverages and recording devices including cameras and mobile phones with camera facility. Random pat downs will operate.
- Pass-outs are available from 3am from the pass-out stall near the exit gate, with a $3 donation to the Luncheon Club.
- No cameras or recording devices are permitted. These must be checked-in prior to entry for $5 per item, with proceeds going to the Metropolitan Community Church.
- Party safe. Be safe and sensible in all of your party endeavours and if at all worried, seek out a member of our medical team. The medical marquee is located behind the Hordern Pavilion.
- Chill-out areas at the Party will be located in the Dome, Dome Garden and on Bent Street.
- Feeling tense? Unwind with a massage from our roving massage team, located in the forecourt between RHI and Hordern Pavilion.
- Only buy tickets from Ticketek. Do not buy from scalpers. These tickets will not get you into the Party.
# Central Station (Eddy Ave). From Stand C, take the 339 or 374 to Moore Park - usually every 10 - 20 minutes @ $1.60 / Concession 80 cents.
# Central Station (Railway Square). From Stand A, take the 372 Coogee, or 393 Maroubra buses via Cleveland St to Moore Park - usually every 15 minutes.
# Circular Quay & Martin Place. Take a 373, 377 or 392-399 bus from Alfred St via Philip St and Elizabeth St to Moore Park - usually every few minutes @ $2.70 / concession $1.30.
If you require any further assistance please call the Transport Information Line 131500.
- A free shuttle bus service will run from 6.00am to 10.30am (every ten minutes) from the Party along Oxford Street to Central Railway.
- Partygoers heading off to the Official Recovery Party at Toy Box can board special express buses to Luna Park.
- Cloak Room is located next to Stage 11 (City Live). A $4 fee per article with proceeds going to the Metropolitan Community Church.
- ACON - all the info you need and located in the foyer of the Hordern Pavilion.
- Hot food will be available at the concession stand in the Dome Garden and at the concession stand in the forecourt between RHI and Hordern Pavilion. There are bars and water stations available in all pavilions.
- PLWHA Chill-out Space is located in the Hordern Pavilion at the Dome end of the room.
- Car parking is available at the Fox Studios car park off Lang Road. A special rate of $15 for all night parking if you show your Party ticket. Pre-pay before partying.
- The Costume Pageant will happen on the Boulevard Stage at the front of the Dome commencing at midnight with registrations at the entrance to the Dome from 10pm. Join in and qualify for some fantastic prizes.
- The Royal Hall of Industries (RHI) is the largest of the venues and will be transformed as never before, featuring spectacular staging, lighting, vision, lasers and multiple shows.
- The Hordern Pavilion, where the DJ is god, will amaze you with its laser displays while pumping bass directly into your spine.
- Stage 11 (City Live) will feature the girls only space on the top level and the boys down and dirty below.
- The Gallery in the forecourt will feature fun, frivolity and outrageousness with live vocal performances, anthems, show tunes, diva classics and costume parade antics.
DJ LINE-UP AS FOLLOWS:
RHI - ANTHEMS
10pm - 1am: Ryan Murphy (Sydney)
1am - 4am: Les Smith aka DJ Zac (Brisbane)
4am - 7am: Shigeki (Sydney)
7am - 10am: Paul Goodyear (Sydney)
HORDERN - TRANCE
10pm - 12am: DJ Josh (Adelaide)
12am - 10am: DJ 4 Strings (Rotterdam)
THE DOME - FUNKY HOUSE
10pm - 1am: Daniel Hannan (Sydney - up & coming 2004)
1am - 5am: Richard Weiss (Sydney)
5am - 8.30am (close): GI Jode (Sydney)
STAGE 11 - TRIBAL
10pm - 1am: Neroli (Brisbane)
1am - 4am: Sveta (Sydney)
4am - 7am: Buck Naked (Sydney)
7am - 10am: Feisty (Sydney)
FOX & LION - RETRO
10pm - 12am: Chris Kenny (Sydney - up & coming 2003)
12am - 6am: Stephen Blomfield (Sydney)
6am - 8.30am (close): Calvin Wong (Sydney)
THE MARQUEE - MASH/BREAKS/ELECTRO
10pm - 1am: The Red Light Disco DJ Team (Melbourne)
1am - 5am: DJ Elroy (Sydney)
5am - 8.30am (close): Seymour Butz (Sydney)
PETER FINCH LAWN - UP & COMINGS
10pm - 12am: DJ Hamo
12am - 2am: Matt Broadfoot
2am - 4am: Johnson Chan
4am - 6am: Murray Hood
6am - 8am: Todd Woods
8am - 10am: Jez Jonson
Venue: Fox Studios (Driver Avenue, Moore Park)
Date/Time: Sat, 5 Mar 10PM - 6 Mar 10AM
Tickets: Full A$125.00 / Concession A$75.00 / NMG Member A$115.00
Door sales $140
Bookings: www.ticketek.com.au / (02) 9266 4800
Can't make it to the parade? Tune in to BeatFM to hear the latest updates as they happen. The broadcast will start at 10am on Saturday, then at 6pm with live images of the parade.