The Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) issued a statement Sunday saying that the country should avoid a move towards accepting gay relationships.
The statement encouraged individuals to refuse to take part in ceremonies celebrating same-sex relationships and called for politicians to resist legalizing gay marriages.
The move comes after renewed efforts by activists to promote same sex unions in the country.
In August two same-sex couples applied for marriage licenses in Manila and the LGBT community have meanwhile been increasingly vocal about the issue on social media
"A homosexual union is not and can never be a marriage as properly understood and so-called," the CBCP said in the statement posted on its website.
"There are absolutely no grounds for considering homosexual unions to be similar or even remotely analogous to God's plan for marriage and the family."
The Catholic church is followed by around 80 percent of the country. Some independent churches are aimed at the LGBT community and sometimes conduct unofficial weddings.
Countries in South America have much more modern thinking and know that this is love, not Catholicism. Divorce is allowed, gay and lesbian love is allowed.
Get with it Philippines!!
2. Marriage shall not impede a man's right to take concubines, in addition to his wife or wives. (II Sam 5:13; I Kings 11:3; II Chron 11:21)
3. A marriage shall be considered valid only if the wife is a virgin. If the wife is not a virgin, she shall be executed. (Deut 22:13-21)
4. Marriage of a believer and a non-believer shall be forbidden. (Gen 24:3; Num 25:1-9; Ezra 9:12; Neh 10:30)
5. Since marriage is for life the government cannot permit divorce. (Deut 22:19; Mark 10:9)
6. If a married man dies without children, his brother shall marry the widow. If he refuses to marry his brother's widow or deliberately does not give her children, he shall pay a fine of one shoe, and be otherwise punished in a manner to be determined by law. (Gen. 38:6-10; Deut 25:5-10)
7. In lieu of marriage, if there are no acceptable men in your town, it is required that you get your dad drunk and have sex with him (even if he had previously offered you up as a sex toy to men young and old), tag-teaming with any sisters you may have. Of course, this rule applies only if you are female. (Gen 19:31-36)
Biblical match making suggestions:
1. Find an attractive prisoner of war, bring her home, shave her head, trim her nails, and give her new clothes. Then she's yours.
-- (Deuteronomy 21:11-13)
2. Find a prostitute and marry her.
-- Hosea (Hosea 1:1-3)
3. Find a man with seven daughters, and impress him by watering his flock.
-- Moses (Exodus 2:16-21)
4. Purchase a piece of property, and get a woman as part of the deal.
-- Boaz (Ruth 4:5-10)
5. Go to a party and hide. When the women come out to dance, grab one and carry her off to be your wife.
-- Benjaminites (Judges 21:19-25)
The bottom line of the Jesus message: Worship me or burn.
But the Jesus message doesn't stop there. It goes the next step to full-fledged sadomasochism which is worship me, fear me, and love me, or of course burn forever.
This is the unwavering truth from Jesus.
Avoid the mental illness of christianity.
It is not a healthy lifestyle.
The God of Abraham has done immeasurable damage to humanity. May this God with a penis be rejected more and more by the thinking people of the planet.
Anti- Gay Stigma.
Also i Challenge all gay Catholic churchgoers to boycott there churches in Philippines to demand equality.
But of course that will not happen as the POPE will continue his out of date leadership, century after century after century.
Please log in to use this feature.